[gmx-users] Best performace with 0 core for PME calcuation

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 18:08:48 CET 2009

Hi,

Setting -npme 2 is ridicolous.
mdrun estimates the number of PME nodes by itself when you do not specify -npme.
In most cases you need 1/3 or 1/4 of the nodes doing pme.
The default -npme guess of mdrun is usually not bad,
but might need to tuned a bit.
At the end of the md.log file you find the relative PP/PME load
so you can see in which direction you might need to change -npme,
if necessary.

Berk