[gmx-users] Pull Code problems

DimitryASuplatov genesup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 17:59:38 CET 2009

OK,

finally I try to simplify my question by revealing my final aim.

I have a group that I want to pull out of my protein. I want only one
group to be pulled out in one direction.

How could I do that?
SDA

P.S.
In my understanding to do that I should leave reference group blank and
specify pull group only:
pull_group0=
pull_group1=r_535
In this case grompp calculates initial distance from (0,0,0) to pull
group and sets the initial force to a very high value
(distance*force_constant) instead of 0. To correct this and to make the
initial pull rate = 0 I should set pull group to the center of
coordinates or set the initial position of the pull spring to the
position of the pull group.  How should I do that?