[gmx-users] Re: gormacs files for CG DNA

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 23 22:00:31 CET 2009

Please keep all Gromacs-related correspondence on the users' list.

I do not have the time or resources to run jobs for you, nor do I typically open
attachments that I did not request.  I did take a look at your structure file
and script, however, and I can tell you this much: running a 74,000-atom system
on a single core will take an *extremely* long time using version 3.3.1.  Thus,
as I said before (twice), the problem is most likely that you are not waiting
long enough.  Your simulations will be *very* slow.  If you only have access to
a single CPU, then at the very least install version 4.0.3 (the most recent
version) to try to get as much of a speed upgrade as you can.  Otherwise, you
will be waiting for a very long time for MD results.

-Justin

He, Yang wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I will forward these gromacs files to you ,hoping you can help me figure out this problem.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions,
>
> Yang

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant