[gmx-users] Re[4]: why the trajectory file is not output

Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 22:50:49 CET 2009

If your version is not current gromacs users always advise to
upgrade up to the last one.

Did you try to use mdp file from those systems which run correctly?

As for the last error, did it happen when you just reduce the number of
steps? It cannot be so...

I guess you may experience the problems with memory if your system is
very large.

HY> Hi I just use the 3.3.1,not very new version. Also, I have tried
HY> to reduce the number of steps while It does not work. Always, it shows that

HY> starting mdrun 'MODEL CYLINDER'
HY> 10000 steps,    300.0 ps.

HY> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

HY> I am not very sure about that.

HY> Yang

gurgo>>> When I use the command "mdrun"to simulate the CG DNA model, I found that  all the  files are output expect the trajectory file. I
gurgo>>> will list
gurgo>>> some parts of my mdp.file