[gmx-users] free energy with TIP4P bug fixed

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:32:26 CET 2009

Yes, I could use clarification here as well.

I had previously suspected a specific bug relating to the free energy
code and water models (TIP4P-Ew) and contacted the list about this a
few weeks ago. At that time Berk told me that there was no
water-specific free energy code, which I take to mean that either (a)
any bug relating to free energies and water models would affect all
water models, and/or (b) any bug relating to a specific water model
would occur both with and without free  energy turned on.

Berk, can you please clarify?

> 3. Combining TIP4P and the free-energy code with at least 3 energy groups
> (TIP4P, perturbed atoms, rest of system) will not lead to the errors noted.
> This would only require 2 energy groups if the system was composed of only
> TIP4P and the perturbed atoms.

I also need clarification here. Do the perturbed atoms have to
comprise a separate group?

Thanks,
David