[gmx-users] Re: GMX-Installation2

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Fri Jul 3 02:16:42 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 22:44 -0700, nanogroup at ymail.com wrote:
> Dear Jussi,
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Because of some problems with fedora 10, I installed Fedora 11.

If you installed the rpms included in Fedora as I told before, there's
one more thing you should know (which is documented in the RPM notes):
the binaries have been renamed due to possible collisions with other
packages. Everything begins with g_, e.g. g_mdrun, g_grompp and so on.

The versions above are single precision, you can use the double
precision versions by adding the _d suffix. If you have gromacs-mpi
installed, you have the single precision mpi version of mdrun as
g_mdrun_mpi and double precision as g_mdrun_mpi_d.
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi