[gmx-users] making a box of water

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 16 19:42:09 CEST 2009

Payman Pirzadeh wrote:
> Hello,
> Previously, my box was 27.154*31.354*103.386 (all in A) and I reduced the
> rvdw cutoff to 10A, but problem was still there.
> Now I made my box bigger by using a visualization software. The new
> dimensions are ~54*63*103.38(all in A). Again the same warning is given to
> me about increasing the box size or reduce the rvdw.

Well, Gromacs doesn't do anything in A, it's all nm, so be sure that everything
you're doing is consistent with Gromacs conventions.  There is no reason that
either of those boxe should be complaining about a 1.0-nm cutoff, so there has
to be something that messed up along the way.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar