[gmx-users] GHrace install

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Mon Jul 27 13:28:31 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 16:48 +0530, Samik Bhattacharya wrote:
> hi alli'm facing  alot of trouble in installing grace in my redhat
> machine. its always complaining about Motiff API.. ive installed
> Lesstiff but even afetr that grace is not getting installed....i can't
> make out how to install it? is there any problem in the path? should
> i've to set path before grace install. i've gone through several pages
> about grace installation but with no effect.ac anyone pls tell me how
> to install Grace in Fedora of Redhat?

You should avoid compiling software yourself, because that beats the
whole idea of having a) a distribution that has ready-to-use software
and b) a package management system that makes upgrades possible.

In Fedora
# yum -y install grace

In RHEL, first enable the Fedora EPEL repository with
# rpm -Uvh \
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-3.noarch.rpm
and then install grace with
# yum -y install grace

Then you can run grace with $ xmgrace
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi