[gmx-users] Re: OPLS-AA: LJ problem? Atoms overlapping...

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 28 02:45:58 CEST 2009

What hydrogen did you use? Without substantially more cut and paste on
your end I am in the dark and can't help very much.

On the side, I'll mention that your sigma, and especially your
epsilon, looks very low here. I'm no gold expert though, and I am just
pointing that out even though that is not likely to be the source of
your problem.

  AG         AG     47   107.8700     0.000       A    2.80455e-01  1.73304e-01

I believe that I also asked for your ffoplsaa.itp file. Is your
comb-rule set correctly? Are you sure that you are getting the
ffoplsaanb.itp inclusion that you intend? For example, I use

[ defaults ]
; nbfunc	comb-rule	gen-pairs	fudgeLJ	fudgeQQ
1		3		yes		0.5	0.5

#include "/home/cneale/gromacs/oplspope.top/ffoplsaanb.itp"
#include "/home/cneale/gromacs/oplspope.top/ffoplsaabon.itp"

in my modified ffoplsaa.itp where the directories are hard coded to
ensure that I get what I expect (rather than some unmodified
ffoplsaanb.itp from $GMXLIB)

I can't think of anything else. You need to send a lot more data to
this list. I am currently working under the assumption that you have
made a mistake somewhere, and thus also assume that one of your
descriptive statements is either misleading or incorrect -- hence the
need for seeing the actual files (on list please). If, on the other
hand, you are sure that you have done everything correctly then I
can't help.

Good luck,
Chris