[gmx-users] Viewing Trajectories with VMD

Joshua Adelman jadelman at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 31 01:12:24 CEST 2009

Hi Nancy,

Is it loading it in, but not displaying it? If that's the case, you
need to load a pdb file in first or else VMD can't guess how to
display the molecule from position data only. If that's not the
problem, then you're going to have to give more information than just
that it doesn't work.

Josh

On Jul 30, 2009, at 4:07 PM, Nancy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have generated several trajectory files (*.trr, *.xtc) from
> running MD simulations, and I can view them with the "ngmx" program
> included with GROMACS, but I am unable to view them in Visual
> Molecular Dynamics (VMD).  Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nancy
> posting!

Joshua L. Adelman
Biophysics Graduate Group              Lab: 510.643.2159
218 Wellman Hall                                Fax: 510.642.7428
University of California, Berkeley     http://nature.berkeley.edu/
~jadelman
Berkeley, CA 94720 USA                   jadelman at berkeley.edu