[gmx-users] spc.itp for the amber force field

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 4 02:47:47 CEST 2009

Rebeca García Fandiño wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to simulate a system using the parameters for ions developed
> by Joung et al. and implemented in Amber (frcmod.ionsjc_spce).
> I have the topology and the crd file. Now, I want to obtain the topology
> for Gromacs using amb2gmx.pl, so I must change the default parameters
> (for tip3p) included in amb2gmx.pl.
> I have seen that in the .tar file ffamber_v4.0 there is no a
> corresponding itp file for spc model of water in amber, so what
> parameters should I include for the section of bondtypes, angletypes,
> atoms, bonds, angles, settles,...? Those corresponding to the SCP in
> Gromacs directly?

Maybe. The required form for the nonbonded parameters depends on
combination rules in force. First you should find out if SPC should work
with AMBER, because literature that says that will probably also specify
the parameters.

Perhaps simpler is use amb2gmx.pl to convert the non-solvent part, and
then solvate with genbox and add ions with genion later. You'd still
need SPC parameters for AMBER however.

Mark