[gmx-users] help with the topology file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 15 20:50:33 CEST 2009

danilo gonzalez wrote:
> hi gmx users
>
> I´m an undergraduate student of bachelor degree in chemistry at
> Distrital University in Bogota Colombia.
>
> I´m doing my thesis in polymers and learning how to use gromacs,
> moreover I have seen your lecture about gromacs but I have a problem, I
> do not know how to make the topology file to my polymer, so if you
> could  help me how to make the topology file I would be  grateful.

Reading in the manual about .rtp entries is probably the best first step.
Searching the list archive for "polymers" returns over 100 results, some of
which are bound to be useful.  You can access the search page here:

http://oldwww.gromacs.org/swish-e/search/search2.php

-Justin

> /Yours Sincerely,/
>
> Danilo Gonzalez
> Universidad Distrital Francisco Jose de Caldas
> Bogota, colombia

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar