[gmx-users] MPI gromacs under cygwin

Dmitri Dubov ddubov at ngs.ru
Tue Jun 16 15:18:15 CEST 2009

Hi, all!

Is are any who uses GMX in MPI mode under cygwin?

I'm trying to install it. Based on oldgromacs site and wiki I installed cygwin, FFTW and LAM/MPI. Unfortunately I failed to install libaio and leaved it out. But when configuring gromacs with

./configure --enable-mpi --disable-float --enable-sse2 --enable-shared LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib'

it returns

checking for mpicc... mpicc
checking whether the MPI cc command works... configure: error: Cannot compile and link MPI code with mpicc

Alternatively I try "Quick and Dirty Installation" from wiki with openmpi, where all is OK until Gromacs configuring with

./configure --prefix=$SOFT --enable-mpi --with-gsl

The end of return is

checking for mpxlc... no
checking for mpicc... no
checking for mpcc... no
checking for hcc... no
checking whether the MPI cc command works... configure: error: Cannot compile and link MPI code with cc

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,
 Dmitri                          mailto:ddubov at ngs.ru