[gmx-users] How to define "stretch" in ffoplsaabon.itp ?

Tree tree.csc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:11:44 CET 2009

Dear Justin:

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> Tree wrote:
>
>> Dear Justin:
>>

>> Thank you for your answer!!
>> Yes, I found there is already a bond defined for CT and CT, meanwhile I am
>> waiting response from gmx-uses. I deleted mine!
>>
>> To confirm, I cannot avoid to ask you a question again.
>> So, please let me explain...
>> Sections [ bonds ], [pairs], [angles] and etc. in the "topol.top" show the
>> information on what interaction (and how) exist among atoms in those
>> sections.
>> Real potential values are interpreted (assigned) when I run "grompp" to
>> get "tpr" file.
>> --- Is this right?
>>

> Yes.
>

>> If this is right, I do not understand why I am not able to have new
>> "topol_new.top" file when I use "-pp topol_new.top" with "grompp".
>> There is no error message...
>>

> It isn't produced?

It is produced.
However, it seems having ALL the informations from '.atp', 'bon.itp' and
'nb.itp'...
Since I guessed that I would get a "processed" topology file having
information, which was blank in the original topology file, this looks
pretty weird...

>  --- What does the "-pp" option generate when doing grompp-?
>>

> The -pp option gives you a "processed" topology, explicitly showing every
> parameter that grompp assembled.

Yes... That is what I understood...
Since I do not think I had an appropriate "processed" topology, I guessed
that there may be different meaning.
Thank you for your confirmation.