[gmx-users] Polymer entanglement simulation

Tree tree.csc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 01:09:09 CET 2009

Dear Justin and Mark:

Thank you for your reply.

Okay, regarding the 'entanglement' of a polymer, I can ask in a different
way, maybe.
In a protein simulation, I've seen the motion of 'one' protein macromolecule
such as a sort of vibrating, folding, moving around, or changing its shape
(becoming thinner, thicker, spherical, or column, etc...).
I understand that is originated from potentials defined as 'bond (stretch)',
'angle', 'dihedrals' and 'improper dihedrals', which are different from
metal simulation.
So, my questions is whether "this understanding" is correct or not...
If not, I hope to learn how those potentials work for the one macromolecule.

Since I can a result anyway, I thought it was okay... :)
Right, I've changed the cutoff range with a artificial (and arbitrary)
guess...
As suggested by Justin, I will change mdp file and increase the time
duration.
If I get a good(?) result, I will post-!

Thank you so much.

Sincerely yours,

Chansoo