[gmx-users] gtkmm Code Demos?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Mar 13 21:01:37 CET 2009

Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> The demo to which I was referring is
> /sdb5/Applications/gromacs/share/gromacs/tutor/gmxdemo (sorry about
> that, it was a direct result of my memory)
>
> The configure command line that I used was "configure
> --prefix=/sdb5/Applications/gromacs
> --exec-prefix=/sdb5/Applications/gromacs --enable-shared" and  searching
> the configure .log does not come up with gtkmm.  I rather wonder why
> gtkmm was invoked by the compilation process.

Since gtkmm relates to widget-style display, and the only part of
GROMACS that uses X is ngmx (which is used by gmxdemo) then my best
suggestion is that you've got some mangled X environment that didn't
link properly. Perhaps you can confirm that from the output of gmxdemo
and the point at which it fails. You should also try configure without
--enable-shared, since it might be a linking problem.

You can also configure GROMACS --without-x, but that will mean gmxdemo
can't run correctly.