[gmx-users] g_rdf program

Dallas B. Warren Dallas.Warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
Thu Mar 19 03:41:12 CET 2009

No, the molecule has not gone out the side of the box and not entered
the other side.  If you check the solvent on the opposite side of the
box, you will notice that there is a big hole that exactly matches up
with the DNA fragment that is sticking out.  Use the pbc options in VMD
to display neighbouring images of the box, that will make it much more
explicit what is going on.

Unless otherwise noted, the analsysis programs and intelligent enough to
realise where things are located.

Remember, with a periodic box, all things are relative.  The location of
the boundaries of the base unit are totally arbitary, you can move them
around at your will to visualise, it makes no difference to how things
are calculated or handled by the software.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9167
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble
a nail.