[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 59, Issue 138

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Mar 21 13:38:12 CET 2009

Pawan Kumar wrote:
> Hello Justin Sir,
>
> Greetings from Pawan
> Thanks for your valuable suggestion and reply.
> Initially I gave the emtol of 1000 and the output I got was :
> Steepest Descents converged to machine precision in 163 steps but did
> not reach the requested Fmax<1000.
> Potential Energy = - 4.4516497e+05

...and how close did Fmax get to 1000?

> Even I tried to minimize the popc bilayer which I took from Tieleman
> sir's website ( before generating a bigger bilayer using genconf ) but
> that also converged to machine precision but not to the requested
> Fmax<1000. How do I proceed further ?

Well, these things are not absolute; Fmax = 1000 is kind of a rule of thumb that
I use in my own work, but sometimes it is not necessary.  Careful equilibration
should massage your system into cooperating.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar