Re: [gmx-users] configuration does not change in minimization trajectory

heiko252 at web.de heiko252 at web.de
Sat May 2 01:37:41 CEST 2009

All configurations but the last one are strictly identical to the first.
(Determined as suggested, using diff on .gro files dumped from the trajectory)

> How different is the final structure?  Is there a drastic change?  Or is it just
> that the change relative to the input structure is more obvious?

The rmsd between the first and last structures is about 0.1 nm,
using -nomw with g_rms. So any changes to the structure are local, but obvious in VMD.

> > I get the expected number of frames in the trajectory (.trr),
> > and the energy saved in the .edr is decreasing.
> > But apparently the changes in the structure do not reach the trajectory file.
> >

> If the energy is changing, then so too should the structure.

I agree, internally the structure must be changing, only the output does not show it.

> -Justin
>
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Heiko
> >
> Justin A. Lemkul