[gmx-users] How to build a lipid bilayer in GROMACS?

Jack Shultz jshultz at hydrogenathome.org
Sat May 2 17:30:23 CEST 2009

I don't know if this helps you, but there is a membrane plugin for VMD
which you can download for free. I've used this to insert proteins in
membranes and then use namd to run MD. I don't know what steps are
involved to make this structure compatible with GROMACS.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/membrane/

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Anirban Ghosh <anirbanz83 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>

> I have a protein pdb file. I want to put this protein molecule in a lipid
> bilayer using GROMACS. I shall be glad if anyone can kindly tell me how to
> build a lipid bilayer in GROMACS and how to embed the protein in it to get
> the final pdb of the entire system. Thanks a lot.
>

> Regards,
>

> Anirban Ghosh
>
> Grade Based Engineer
>
> Bioinformatics Team
>
> Scientific & Engineering Computing Group
>
> Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
>
> Pune, India
>

> Anirban Ghosh
> Grade Based Engineer
> Bioinformatics Team
> Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
> Pune, India

Jack

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=832713248
http://hydrogenathome.org