[gmx-users] Re: Replacement for G43b1 force field?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 5 12:32:15 CEST 2009

Anirban Ghosh wrote:
> Thanks a lot Justin for the reply.
> I have already seen that post. But the problem is that there is no clear
> answer in it. Hess says that there NO G43b1 force-field now in GROMACS
> and G43b1 was just a modified version of G43a1 but with no residue
> charges. So this means that there in no vacuum force-field in GROMACS
> now or can I use any of other 8 force-fields for this purpose? Please
> rectify if I am wrong and please tell me force-field number which has
> the same properties as G43b1. What are following two force-fiels used for:
>
> 6. [DEPRECATED] Gromacs force field (see manual)
> 8. Encad all-atom force field, using scaled-down vacuum charges

The "Gromacs force field" should not be used for anything (hence, "deprecated").
  I am not terribly familiar with Encad, but I do not often see it in the
literature.

Within the thread that I posted were several opinions on how you can continue.
The other question to ask yourself is - what do others use in similar
situations?  Check the literature.

-Justin

> There is no description in the GROMACS4 manual or the pdb2gmx man page.
> Please update the information.
>
> Regards,
>

> *Anirban Ghosh*
> *Grade Based Engineer
> Bioinformatics Team
> Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
> Pune, India
> *

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate