[gmx-users] g_angle - Order of Legendre polynomial for ACF - BUG ?

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Wed May 6 09:15:14 CEST 2009

Dear Dennis,

I believe your problem is due to the fact that when the
autocorrelation is
done on a dihedral angle a cos function is used instead of the angle
itself.
This is good to account for periodicity. This function is not
implemented
in the -P 1 2 3 ... if I recall correctly.

I think you can get around it by giving the data (dihedral angles
values)
to g_analyse and ask to do the autocorrelation. Or you can get into
autocorr.c and implement the function you'd need.