[gmx-users] v-rescale - harmonic oscillator

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu May 7 14:27:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

With a diatomic molecule there is the issue that the rotation of the molecule has two degrees of freedom
which are completely uncoupled from the rest of the system.

Anyhow, I made a 1D harmonic oscillator using a position restraint and even there the energy
does not seem to be conserved.
I am not sure if a harmonic oscillator is a pathetic case, like with Nose-Hoover,
or if this is an issue with the integrator implementation in Gromacs.
I might need to ask Bussi about this.

Berk