[gmx-users] Re: Require help in GROMACS

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 12 16:02:31 CEST 2009

It would be best to post this message on the gmx-users list.  It is a
Gromacs-related error message, and not specific to my tutorial.

It is an oft-encountered error, resulting from incorrect updating of your
topology.  InflateGRO *did* remove lipids; check the screen output carefully.
Here's how to tell:

grep POPC system_2.gro | wc -l
  14716

POPC molecules contain 52 atoms each, so 14716/52 = 283.  InflateGRO has
apparently removed 5 lipids from your original 288.

-Justin

Anirban Ghosh wrote:
> Respected Sir,
>
> I am trying to simulate a protein embeded in a POPC bilayer. As directed
> by you I have followed your tutorial for this. But when executing the
> command grompp for generating the .tpr for EM, I am getting the error:

> Fatal error:
> number of coordinates in coordinate file (system_2.gro, 18636)
>              does not match topology (topol.top, 18896)
>
> However while using InflateGRO, no lipid molecules were deleted. I am
> attaching the files. Please have a look at them and advice. I could not
> upload the files at the Gromacs mail list, so am writing to your
> personal id. Please advice.
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Anirban Ghosh