[gmx-users] Test Particle Insertion Problem-Gromacs 4.0.3

Harry Saavedra harryseg at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 20:57:01 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I run a test molecule insertion simulation using Gromacs 4.0.3. All the molecules of the system work with two energy groups (two tabulated potentials), and every atom belongs to a different charge group; but Gromacs shows an error message:

> grompp...
> mdrun ...

Program mdrun, VERSION 4.0.3
Source code file: force.c, line: 1068
    Send
Fatal error:
The molecule to insert can not consist of multiple charge groups.
Make it a single charge group.

However,when I set all the atoms of the inserted molecule (A,B,C..) to the same charge group (cgnr in the top file), Gromacs displays :

>grompp...

Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.3
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 150
Fatal error:
atoms A and B in charge group Z of molecule type 'Protein' are in different energy groups

There is any way to overcome this problem? How Gromacs can ignore the charge groups?

Thanks in advance,

Harry Gustavo