[gmx-users] adding non-polar hydrogens - incompatibility of pdb2gmx and grompp

Stefano Meliga smeliga at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:17:56 CEST 2009

Protonate does the job of adding all of the hydrogens but non-polar
hydrogens are not recognised by pdb2gmx so that the topology file isn't
created.
Apparently grompp needs the *.top file in input (It says "Input/Output
error upon giving only the *.gro file in input).
Does this mean that I can't run an MD simulation with a molecule with
non-polar hydrogens.

Thank you for your help,

Stefano