[gmx-users] Re: parameter of RB potential for OPLS force field

Yanmei Song ysong30 at asu.edu
Mon May 18 19:01:00 CEST 2009

Dear Justin:

Thanks for your response. I saw this in the ffoplsaabon.itp, which I think
is a Periodic potential.

 [ dihedraltypes ]
;  i    j    k    l   func     coefficients
; Added DvdS for Quartz simulations
   SI   OS    1     0.000       3.766      3
   SI   OH    1     0.000       3.766      3

Does this mean that we can still use a periodic potential combined with OPLS
force field since it seems OPLS also consists of the periodic potential
besides RB. It doesn't have to be necessary to use RB for the proper
dihedral when you use OPLS force field, right?

Thank you so much for your help!