[gmx-users] Re: Molecule Jumps

darrellk at ece.ubc.ca darrellk at ece.ubc.ca
Tue May 19 01:16:35 CEST 2009

Hi All,
I just wanted to let you know how I resolved my problem, in case anyone
else experiences a similar problem in the future.

My structure spanned all four quadrants around the origin (i.e. the 4
vertices of my structure were (-x, -y), (-x,y), (x,-y), & (x,y)). I
think because it spanned all 4 quandrants, this caused the molecule to
jump from corner to corner within the box.

Once I translated my molecule such that its coordinates were entirely
within the positive x,y quandrant, the molecule no longer jumped around
in the box.

Best regards,

Darrell Koskinen