[gmx-users] shift function for vdwtype and density

Yanmei Song ysong30 at asu.edu
Tue May 19 20:42:44 CEST 2009

Dear all:

This is the mdp I just used for the system. The funny thing is after a 8ns
simulation I got a very high pressure and temperature:

 Temperature               343.437
Pressure (bar)               45.782

I also did another run with removing the vdw_switch in mdp and keep all
other condition unchanged.  I got good result.

The following is my mdp:

cpp                 =  /lib/cpp
constraints         =  all_bonds
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.004   ; ps !
nsteps              =  20000000   ; total 8ns.
nstcomm             =  1
nstxout             =  50000
nstvout             =  50000
nstfout             =  0
nstlog              =  5000
nstenergy           =  5000
nstxtcout           =  25000
nstlist             =  10
ns_type             =  grid
pbc                 =  xyz
coulombtype         =  PME
vdwtype             =  Shift
rvdw_switch         =  0.8
rlist               =  1.2
rcoulomb            =  1.2
rvdw                =  1.0
fourierspacing      =  0.12
pme_order           =  4
ewald_rtol          =  1e-5
; Berendsen temperature coupling is on in two groups
Tcoupl              =  berendsen
tc_grps             =  PDM
tau_t               =  0.1
ref_t               =  300