[gmx-users] Selection of force fields

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed May 20 08:58:31 CEST 2009

Hi Anindita,

I was sort of afraid you might be dealing with glycosphingolipids. The
Gromos force fields do not have properly behaving models for
sphingolipids yet. I'm not sure whether other force fields do much
better. There's some serious parameterization to do here. If you have
experimenal data or can get experimental data for the behaviour using
ester lipid analogues, you could do simulations with those, which
offer better behaviour in silico.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--