[gmx-users] problem with system neutralization

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 22 15:30:20 CEST 2009

Stefano Meliga wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Apologies for my last imprecise email.
>
> Using the command
>
> $grxdir/genion -s 4AKEallHsol.tpr -o 4AKEallHion.gro -p
> 4AKEallHsol_pre.top -np 4 -pname NA+ -g -pot 4AKEallHion.pdb
>
> genion.log still reports:
>
> System total charge: -4.000

The logfile should report what the net charge is; this is normal.  What is of
importance is whether or not the output structure and topology have been
modified to include the desired ions.  If grompp later complains that there is
still a net charge, then you have a problem.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar