[gmx-users] gmxtest

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed May 27 05:54:56 CEST 2009

Simba Xiao wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Does your GMX 4 past the gmxtest package in the gmx wiki ?
>
> My Gromacs 4.0.4 can not pass all the test. The test  tip4p, ti4pflex
> and some kernel issues failed.

That's normal at the moment, unfortunately. Future releases of gmxtest
will probably fix the non-kernel issues, and GROMACS > 4.0.5 will fix
the kernel issues.

> I use standard packages and everything looks find. The simulation result
> are good and identical  to gromacs 3.3.3.
>
> But, still it annoys me with the test result.
>
> Can somebody tell how much the test matters and can somebody tell
> something more than the wiki tells (It dose not explain much).

Well, it does explain things, but not such that a new GROMACS user can
get a useful result from existing versions of gmxtest. I'll upgrade the
wiki documentation if/when a gmxtest re-release happens.