[gmx-users] Shared library version binary on CYGWIN

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Wed May 27 10:11:16 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 15:05 +0900, Makoto Yoneya wrote:
> I found the libtool within gromacs source (both 3.3.3 and 4.0.4) is not as
> new as that of e.g. fftw-3.2.1 (which use the libtool-2.2.6).
> I'm wondering if the libtool version was updated to the newer one,
> then the DLLs could be generated properly, because fftw-3.2.1 can
> build DLL on cygwin if it configured with --enable-shared.
> I'd tried that with gromacs a little but no success as I have no detailed
> knowledge on GNU autotools.

You can of course try
 $ autoreconf -f
which regenerates the build scripts and updates libtool and compiling
with
 $ configure --enable-shared --disable-static
after that.
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi