[gmx-users] Viscosity using periodic perturbation method

Yanmei Song ysong30 at asu.edu
Wed May 27 18:32:15 CEST 2009

Dear Berk:

Thank you so much for your help!

I read your paper: " Determing the shear viscosity of model liquids from
molecular dynamics simulations"  You used NVT? My question is which one is
better? NPT or NVT?

"Strictly speaking it might be incorrect, but since pressure scaling is
usually less than 1%
it will not affect your results significantly."

So technically we should use NVT for the periodic perturbation method,
right? Thanks!