[gmx-users] Re: Long-range (LR) energies in gromacs v3.3.3

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat May 30 05:44:22 CEST 2009

Shankar Prasad Kanaujia wrote:
> Dear justin,
> sorry for writing person mail.
> I am attaching the .mdp file.

You are using a shift potential for vdwtype (and you haven't applied it
correctly - read the manual.)  Therefore, LJ terms are cut off at rvdw (the LJ
term is zero beyond this point) and you are not seeing a long-range LJ term.
Using PME for coulombtype means that the "long range" component of the
electrostatic nonbonded energy is in Coul.-recip.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar