[gmx-users] Adsorption energy of a single molecule

Darrell Koskinen darrellk at ece.ubc.ca
Sun Nov 1 07:38:38 CET 2009

Hi Justin,
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked through the GROMACS manual and the
only method I can see of obtaining the adsorption energy between an
adsorbed ammonia molecule and the graphene sheet would be to create an
index file that assigns a separate index for each ammonia molecule, run
the simulation, and then run "gmxdump -e mdener.edr" to view the energy
between the adsorbed ammonia molecule and the graphene sheet. Is this
the method you are suggesting or is there a different method of
obtaining this information?

Thanks.

Darrell