[gmx-users] pdb2gmx and virtual sites

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.marsalek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 21:41:32 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 20:41, Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> Ondrej Marsalek wrote:
>>
>> I thought that this was needed to convert the hydrogens to virtual
>> sites, based on reading section 6.5 of the manual and some other
>> things. Is this not correct?
>>

> I don't believe constraining angles is necessary.  The manual only refers to
> fixed bond lengths.  If you're looking for an example to follow, I would
> suggest running the lysozyme benchmark described in the GROMACS 4 paper;

OK, so now I am mildly confused. I have downloaded the benchmarks pack
(gmxbench-3.0.tar.gz) from the GMX website. The pme.mdp file for
lysozyme indeed says "constraints = all-bonds". On the other hand, the
topology contains virtual sites in the list of atoms, but there are no
[virtual_site?] sections. And the timestep is 4 fs. Could someone
please help me clarify this?

Thanks,
Ondrej