[gmx-users] Truncation of file traj.trr failed

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 16:03:25 CET 2009

Dear Gromacs users,

I am running a protein-lipid bilayer simulation for 20ns. I am using
Gromacs version 4.0.5 and when i want to continue the mdrun using
-append command , I am getting an error as follows:

Getting Loaded...
Reading file md20.tpr, VERSION 4.0.5 (single precision)

Reading checkpoint file state.cpt generated: Fri Nov  6 15:22:25 2009

Program mdrun, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: checkpoint.c, line: 1248

Fatal error:
Truncation of file traj.trr failed.

Please suugest me how to overcome this error and continue the mdrun.

Thanks,

Ram