[gmx-users] Missing H from residue

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 9 22:26:12 CET 2009

Jack Shultz wrote:
> I tried to protonate my pdb file using openbabel
> babel -ipdb fzd8min_renum_SS.pdb -opdb Protein.pdb -h
>
> Then I ran pdb2gmx with the following
>
> pdb2gmx -ff amber99sb -f ProteinAmber.pdb -o Protein2.pdb -p
> Protein.top -water spce -ignh
>
> But apparently I am missing a H from my first residue. Is there an
> easy way to add missing atoms?

Yep - you may need a well-formatted .hdb file, like the message says :-)
You should check out whether the AMBER port you installed supports this
feature or not. Alternatively, have a look in the file and with a viewer
to see what is present for residue 1 and how the atoms are named, and
whether renaming some atoms will fix the issue.

Mark