[gmx-users] g_sdf gives wrong refmol with multiple center molecules

Rasmus "Termo" Lundsgaard termopeten at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:35:59 CET 2009

Hi Atte

Did you find a solution to this problem?? I'm doing the same
calculations as you describe, and wanted to try it out on TIP4p water
first - which gives the wrong coordinates for the ref molecule by the -r
flag as you described?!?

The distribution looks completely right though...

Anyone got an idea of where it goes wrong and how the .gro can be
translated easily to the right center place??

I have also tried using the g_spatial function. but here my problems
stops on of how to make the xtc file with trjconv in a easy way so it
will have each water molecule as the center molecule and a big xtc file.
Right now I can do it for all time frames with one designated water
molecule. this will only give me the distribution function around one
water molecule - instead of using all of them... I would like all time
frames for 1st water molecule, then all time frames for 2nd water
molecules, etc. in one xtc file...

Best regards
Rasmus