[gmx-users] Increase temperature to 550K

Chih-Ying Lin chihying2008 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:18:50 CET 2009

Hi
The system = one lysozyme + TIP3P water
I was put the system in NTP simulation.

Under 550K, all water molecules should evaporate entirely , I suppose ???

>From Justin =>
"There are plenty of other methodological concerns (pressure
coupling especially) "
Would you please direct me about this ?

Thank you
Lin

I agree with Mark's earlier comment; the water model alone is not the most
immediate concern.  A colleague of mine is currently doing lots of
high-temperature (up to 600 K) simulations of proteins in TIP3P using the AMBER
force fields.  There are plenty of other methodological concerns (pressure
coupling especially); a thorough search of the literature will give you some
insights into what might be wrong.  Plenty of groups have successfully been
doing high-temperature MD for a number of years.

-Justin