[gmx-users] how to obtain the hydrogen bond energy?

Omer Markovitch omermar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 12:53:44 CET 2009

delta G = -R*T*ln(K). Now its just a matter of describing your hbond
cleavage reaction.
For water, the reaction is usualy bonded<-->nonbonded, and a geometrical
criteria is usualy applied. Take a look for example at this paper: "The
Distribution of Acceptor and Donor Hydrogen Bonds in Bulk Liquid Water"
http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content?content=10.1080/00268970701877921 .

--Omer.