[gmx-users] hi

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Nov 25 13:34:51 CET 2009

Please choose an informative subject line, as it will help attract the attention
of someone interested in helping you.

PAVAN RELISH DESTINY RESOLVING CRUX OF LIFE......... wrote:
>              I am new to Gromacs & using it with Amber force field amber03,
>              i am able 2 run my system of DNA till steepest descent but
> when i tried to run it for cg it showed
>              that can not work with so much of  constrains so i tried to
> run it with -Dposres

Minimization with position restraints serves very little, if any, purpose in my
mind.

>              directly to mdrun with md integrator it showed an error
> message "wrote pdb files with previous & current
>              co-ordinate segmentation fault."
>                                                          how can i
> modify my mdp file to overcome this problem ?

Your system is insufficiently minimized and/or equilibrated.  Please see the
following:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Steps_to_Perform_a_Simulation

Justin A. Lemkul