[gmx-users] Fwd: Last step before CG em.mdp

Francesco Pietra francesco.pietra at accademialucchese.it
Mon Nov 30 19:49:59 CET 2009

Failed to specify that both the DPPC bilayer and the box of water are
from equilibrated systems in MARTIN web, while the protein was Amber
minimized (and MD) before generating the CG.

I have tried the cg protein alone

genbox -cp my.pdb -box 15 -o my.gro

grompp -f em.mdp -c my.gro -p my.top -o topol.tpr

mdrun -v -s topol.tpr

steepest descents converged to machine precision but not to the
requested Fmax < 2000

Pot Ener 7.1e+08
Max force 6.1e+10 on atom 983
Norm of force 2.5e+11

confout.gro shows that one of the subunits has been displaced from the
multimer (apparently both intact) There is a long bond between the
displaced subunit and the rest of the multimer, very closely to the
atom 983 of max force, located in the pore region. I have scarce
experience with gromacs yet, hope that this suggests remedies. I used
a crude version of em.mdp.

thanks
francesco