[gmx-users] Re: Inflategro for Coarse Grained

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 29 22:55:51 CET 2009

sunny mishra wrote:
> Ok. I guess that makes sense. If you say I can send you my system.gro
> file (after catting the system as per our recent conversation) and my
> protein.gro and lipid.gro files (In which the protein is inserted before
> our conversation) and if you visualize that in VMD you will get more
> idea of what I am trying to ask? Can I do that?

I'm sorry, but no, I don't really have time for extra work right now, nor do I
know anything about the system you're studying.  That's your job to justify the
position of the system (and adjust it with editconf -translate, if necessary).
The position should not simply be an aesthetic observation, it should be based
on any experimental data available.  And like I said, if it is off slightly from
center, equilibration may help place it correctly.  With CG, you should be able
to probe long time frames, over which the system may change quite a bit.

-Justin

> [...]
>                          Department of Biochemistry
>                          Virginia Tech
>                          Blacksburg, VA
>                          jalemkul[at]vt.edu <http://vt.edu>
>         <http://vt.edu> <http://vt.edu>
>                <http://vt.edu> | (540)
>                       231-9080
>
>          http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin

>                          Please search the archive at
>                http://www.gromacs.org/search before
>                          posting!
>                          Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the
>         list.
>                Use the www
>                          interface or send it to
>         gmx-users-request at gromacs.org <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>
>                <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>>
>                       <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>
>                <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>>>
>                          <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>
>                <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>>
>                       <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>
>                <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>>>>.
>                          Can't post? Read
>                http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>

>                   --    ========================================
>
>                   Justin A. Lemkul
>                   Ph.D. Candidate
>                   ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
>                   Department of Biochemistry
>                   Virginia Tech
>                   Blacksburg, VA
>                   jalemkul[at]vt.edu <http://vt.edu> <http://vt.edu>
>         <http://vt.edu> | (540)
>                231-9080
>                   http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin

>                   Please search the archive at
>         http://www.gromacs.org/search before
>                   posting!
>                   Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list.
>         Use the www
>                   interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>
>                <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>>
>                   <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>
>                <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>>>.
>                   Can't post? Read
>         http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>

>            --    ========================================
>
>            Justin A. Lemkul
>            Ph.D. Candidate
>            ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
>            Department of Biochemistry
>            Virginia Tech
>            Blacksburg, VA
>            jalemkul[at]vt.edu <http://vt.edu> <http://vt.edu> | (540)
>         231-9080
>            http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin

>            posting!
>            Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080