[gmx-users] PMF using umbrella sampling

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:34:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

Firstly, you are not constraining (runtype=constraint), but using a harmonic
umbrella potential.

Secondly, your distance of 28.9 nm seems enormous, maybe you mixed
up nanometers and Angstroms here?

Thirdly, I would strongly suggest to switch to Gromacs 4.0.5.
I have completely rewritten the pull code for Gromacs 4
and things now work much easier and better.

Berk