[gmx-users] Query regarding phosphothreonine parameters

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 7 13:13:20 CEST 2009

nikhil damle wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I have to simulate a system containing
> phosphothreonine; for which i need to include this residue in .rtp file
> of the forcefield which i m using (ffG43a1). For this purpose i require
> the charges and other values of the phosphate grp attached to threonine.
> I tried to imitate OPO4- from the gamma-Phosphate of ATP in ffG43a1 and
> tried to simulate the system. But bond constraints warning arises. So i
> thought my values are probably wrong. So now the question is how will i
> check if my values are incorrect or not ? Where will i get parameters
> for phosphothreonine residue ??

There are plenty of things that could have gone wrong.  I would not necessarily
take the gamma-PO4 from ATP for phosphothreonine, however.  There are lots of
charge transfer issues in ATP that are not present in phosphothreonine.  Please
read the reference I cited, it is a validated parameter set.

If you're getting LINCS warnings, the first steps are whether or not the
minimization and equilibration schemes you have used are sufficient.  If you can
describe what you've done, the results of EM, etc (including .mdp files), then
we can better diagnose.

But I would start over with published, validated parameters :)

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar