[gmx-users] molecule index

Jamie Seyed jamie.seyed at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 00:55:12 CEST 2009

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the puzzling answer. I tried the index file counting the number
of water molecule but I got an error.
"Fatal error:
The index group does not consist of whole molecules"
I also did not understand what you pointed out about "One of these sets of
numbers is larger than the other" ...
questions:
1) for msd calculation for water molecules, do I need really make index file
for all waters,
2) What I made (count the water molecules in a [mymolecules] index file),
did not work. How I suppose to do make that?
3) In getting started-Water page that I found in google it only say "g_msd
-n index" and did not explain which index... how about if I use oxygen.ndx
file??
I really appreciate your help. Many Thanks in Advance/Jamie