[gmx-users] 1-4 interaction between atoms in PBC mode

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 22 07:07:03 CEST 2009

Darrell Koskinen wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> I did not have the statement "periodic_molecules = yes" in the .mdp
> files. I only had the statement "pbc=xyz" in the .mdp files.
>
> So, I added the "periodic_molecules = yes" statement to the .mdp files
> and ran the simulation again. However, this did not appear to resolve
> the problem as I received the same warning.

Well that's a pretty basic requirement that you needed to satisfy.
Obviously you also need to re-generate your .tpr from the new .mdp.
That'd be the most likely reason for an *identical* output.

Have you done enough background reading (e.g. wiki page on Carbon
Nanotube simulations) and/or gotten some experience with normal GROMACS
simulations?

Mark