[gmx-users] Re: Charmm port files for Gromacs

Pär Bjelkmar bjelkmar at cbr.su.se
Tue Apr 6 09:34:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

I answer to the gmx-users mailing list and I would be pleased if further correspondence is done there.

It's an installation issue because the CMAP directive is not recognized by pdb2gmx. Seems like you are running version 4.0.7 and that is then the explanation. You need to run with the developing version (because it is has not been released yet) from git to run with CHARMM. There're installation instructions on the gromacs webpage.

Worth to note:
	1. more information about the port is available in paper by yours sincerely and coworkers (Bjelkmar et al. Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation, 2010)
	2.  the force field format has been changed and the most recent version of the force field (complying to this new format) was added to the source. I.e. you should use those files (not the ffcharmm27* files from my homepage).

Regards,
Pär Bjelkmar